Sunday, June 28, 2015
Major remaining items:
• Ornamental fencing
• Removal of dead tree
• Electrical service
• Monument top
• Punch list
Also coming: bollards to help guard against vehicles leaving the roadway and winding up in the park. While these were consistently part of neighborhood requests for the park design, they were not included in the final design spec. Through persistent advocacy from the Duncan Avenue Neighborhood Association – backed up by road safety data from our safety audit – the City is adding temporary bollards, which will probably be replaced by permanent versions when grant funds are available next year for road safety upgrades to Kennedy Blvd.
Stay tuned for further updates here and on Facebook.
Posted by Paul Bellan-Boyer at 4:15 PM
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Zone parking for our neighborhood has been approved by the City Council and is coming as soon as May 1, 2015. What you need to know:
- Once enforcement begins, only cars with a Zone 11 permit can park in the zone Mon-Fri 3-9pm. Violations receive a ticket and a boot - no warnings.
- If you live or work in the zone, you can get a permit.
- Because of DANA's efforts, permit applications are now accepted by mail. To get a permit, see the Zone 11 parking Flyer and Zone parking permit Application.
- Enforcement cannot take place until Residential Parking Zone signs are installed.
- Get your permit before the signs go up.
Posted by Paul Bellan-Boyer at 8:29 PM